Monday, November 21, 2011

Special birthday treats!

Saturday was my good friend Kim's birthday. She has done a lot for me so I wanted to do something a little different and special. I looked all over Pinterest for inspiration, and realized I did a post back in August, remember? So I ran to the closest hardware store and grabbed some gold spray paint, then went to the dollar store to grab some toy dinosaurs to paint. While I was shopping around I ran into some silver glitter. I had an idea to glitter the dinosaurs instead! My plan was to make her a birthday cake topper. It came out super cute!! Although, warning, glitter DOES indeed get everywhere, if you're not careful! I suggest using the kitchen table and doing it over newspaper. All it took was some regular ol' glue and a paintbrush to "paint" the glue on. Then put the glitter in a bowl and grab a spoon to sprinkle it over the wet glue, et voila, your gorgeous birthday cake topper is complete! Oh, and to keep the candle attached, I stuck a pin in the back and used wire cutters to cut off the little ball at the end and slid the bottom the candle over it. The reaction to her cake was adorable! She absolutely loved it and I'm glad I could make something easy and special for her!


 (gifts were wrapped in aluminum foil and tied with neon pink string :)

No comments:

Post a Comment